If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love cooking, but some nights I'd rather just get to the eating part. That's where this recipe comes in. Creamy and comfort-food like, but surprisingly healthy. Less than 40 minutes from the time you crank on the burner until you're chowing down. - d_ribbens
- 6 fresh sausages (hot italian or greek)
- 4 cloves roughly minced garlic
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1.5 cups orzo pasta
- 22 ounces water or chicken stock
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 1/4 cup sliced black and/or kalamata olives
- 1 - 1.5 cup chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1.5 cups plain greek-style yogurt
- You will need a large pot or skillet with a cover. Heat your pan to medium and add the sausages, browning on all sides.
- While the sausages are browning, mince the garlic and add it to the pan for a minute or two. Deglaze the pan with the red wine vinegar.
- While the pan is deglazing, measure out your orzo and water/stock and dump them in. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, then cover and cook for 25 minutes. While your pot is bubbling, cut up the veggies.
- After 25 minutes has passed, remove the sausages and slice them. Return them to the orzo and add the veggies and the Greek yogurt, mixing everything together until it's warmed through. EAT!!! And enjoy :)