If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by a similar version my mother sometimes makes. She makes more of a sauce to drape over the eggs, which she places in my grandmother's glass deviled egg plate. I like to use Wild Planet's Sustainably Caught Wild Albacore. Not only is it delicious, but it's also low in mercury and sustainably fished. - student epicure
Serves 4-6, as an appetizer
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 3 teaspoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- fresh ground pepper
- flat leaf Italian parsley, for garnish
- Place egg yolks, tuna, mustard, lemon juice, anchovies, capers, olive oil, and mayonnaise in a small food processor. Blend until creamy.
- Place generous, heaping scoops of mixture back into the egg whites. Garnish with parsley and pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe