Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by a similar version my mother sometimes makes. She makes more of a sauce to drape over the eggs, which she places in my grandmother's glass deviled egg plate. I like to use Wild Planet's Sustainably Caught Wild Albacore. Not only is it delicious, but it's also low in mercury and sustainably fished. - student epicure
Serves 4-6, as an appetizer
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 3 teaspoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- fresh ground pepper
- flat leaf Italian parsley, for garnish
- Place egg yolks, tuna, mustard, lemon juice, anchovies, capers, olive oil, and mayonnaise in a small food processor. Blend until creamy.
- Place generous, heaping scoops of mixture back into the egg whites. Garnish with parsley and pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe