If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Who doesn't love guacamole? This is a simple basic recipe but a little twist. I really like the extra lime taste in my Guacamole and I have used pepita seeds to enhance it and give it a slight crunchy texture. Hope you like it! —PistachioDoughnut
Makes 1 bowl serves 2 to 3 people
- 2 Hass Avocados , mashed
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Jalapeño chili, chopped
- 1 Small tomato chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, chopped
- Salt to taste
- pinches Cayenne
- 1 teaspoon Roasted Cumin powder
- 1 Lime
- 2/3 tablespoon Pepitas
- 1 tablespoon Orange juice ( totally optional)
- handfuls Parsley leaves or cilantro leaves, chopped
- Cut and deseed the avocado and mash it either by hands or in a ziploc bag. Add, half of the juice from the lime.
- Add, chopped tomatoes, garlic, onions, jalapeño , salt, cumin powder, pepitas (leave some seeds for garnishing) and another remaining lime juice and orange juice. Mix well with avocados.
- Finally, add cilantro leaves. And, sprinkle cayenne pepper and some pepitas! Serve it with some chips!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.
Off to market.