Author Notes: Tuna and avocado are great topping for sushi. I made Temari Sushi which means small ball-shaped sushi. No need special technique. Easy to make and fun to eat. - Japanese Housewife
- 1 cup Uncooked Sushi Rice
- 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Avocado
- 1 canned Tuna (5 oz),drained
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- Rinse rice several times in running water until water gets clear. Drain in a colander. Cook in a sauce pan with a lid or rice cooker according to package directions
- While rice is cooking, in a small bowl, combine rice vinegar, sugar and salt. Mix well. Cut avocado into half, remove seed and cut into thinly slices.
- Make sauce. In a bowl. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, lemon juice and soy sauce. Mix well.
- When rice is cooked, transfer to the medium bowl and add rice vinegar mixture and mix gently. Don’t stir too much. Let cool.
- On a plastic wrap (5”x5”), place 1 teaspoon of tuna, then three slices of avocado and put 2 tablespoons of sushi rice on toppings. Shape the sushi into a ball twisting the plastic wrap. Repeat this.
- When ready to serve, unwrap the plastic wrap and pour the mayonnaise sauce on top of each temari sushi.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe