If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This appetizer brings the deliciousness of sardines to the plate that will fool even those "I don't like sardines" people we all have in our lives —Keek
- 1 Loaf of a good crusty french baguette
- 1 Can of your favorite sardines
- 1 Small head of garlic, roasted
- 1 Small roasted red pepper, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Capers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon Chopped parsly
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Heat the oven to 450
- Slice the baguette on the bias into about 1/2 inch pieces
- Drizzle the bread with olive oil and toast in the oven until just crispy around the edges, 7-8 minutes
- Open and drain the sardines, remove the bones with your finger
- Place the sardines in bowl wit the roasted garlic and smash into a rough paste.
- Fold in the peppers, capers and parsley
- Spread the sardine mixture onto the baguette slices and serve with a nice crisp sauvignon blanc.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe
A fish that's a wrap star
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
It's time to travel.
Grilled cheese, please.
Put cake on a pedestal.