If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One thing we can NOT get deep in the heart of Texas is a real-deal NY bagel and lox with the works. This recipe is an homage to that pinnacle of deli-ishousness. A tide me over for those of us for whom the real thing is few and far between ... - aargersi
- 1 - 3.75 oz can smoked salmon
- 1 cup Israeli cous-cous
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup canned diced tomato
- 3 tablespoons capers (I used lillput in balsamic)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 heaping tablespoons shredded parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- ground pepper
- juice from half a lemon
- pinch of salt
- Toast the couscous in a hot dry pan until it is golden brown, then cook according to the directions.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add in the onions and garlic and cook until they just begin to sweat, then add the tomatoes and a pinch of salt and a grind or two of pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the couscous. Next add the ricotta, salmon and capers and stir gently (to keep some salmon chunks a bit larger) until they are heated through.
- Stir in the parmesan, dill and lemon and you are ready to serve! How easy was THAT?
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe