If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe that you should feel free to play with. The salsa verde makes about two cups, so you will have plenty left over for any use. The key to the fried lemons is getting the oil nice and hot, frying them long enough to get them crispy, not just browned, and draining them well. I like putting tuna and salsa verde on top of a meyer lemon, and I also like the tuna and salsa verde together without a meyer lemon. I think either would make a great crostini on some nice toasted baugette, but I didn't happen to have any at home so I will leave that to you to experiment with. I used Calippo oil-packed tuna, which was delicious. If you have some fresh greens around such as spinach or arugula, by all means add a layer of greens to the lemons with salsa verde and tuna. —clintonhillbilly
- 1.5 cups fresh basil
- .5 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers with a little brine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- .5 cups pistachios meats, or other nuts
- .5 cups grated parmesan
- .5 cups olive oil
- .25 cups water
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend well until emulsified. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
Fried Meyer Lemons
- 2 meyer lemons
- 1 cup panko
- salt and pepper
- 2 inches of oil
- 1 egg
- 1 can oil-packed tuna
- Slice meyer lemons as thinly as you can, removing seeds.
- Beat egg in a bowl.
- Season panko and spread it over a plate.
- Heat oil until hot enough for frying. I test it by putting the handle of a wooden spoon in-- when bubbles quickly gather around the spoon, it's ready.
- Dip each lemon slice in egg, pat eat side into the breadcrumbs, and slide into the hot oil. You want to fry these until when you pick them up with tongs they are not limp, but crispy -- about two minutes. Drain lemon slices on paper towels.
- Top each lemon slice with a dollop of salsa verde and a tablespoon of oil-packed canned tuna. Alternatively, toast slices of baugette and top each baugette with salsa verde and tuna, or lemon, salsa verde and tuna.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
It's in the bag.