If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Still intrigued by fisheri's A Great Pasta, Waiting for a Recipe (http://www.food52.com/recipes/14460_a_great_pasta_waiting_for_a_recipe), I set out to use the same intoxicating ingredients for this one. This time I added razor clams which I dearly love for their taste and size. You can also use fresh top necks if you like. So here you have a "different" linguini and clam sauce! —inpatskitchen
Makes 2 large servings
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- 1 cup diced fresh fennel bulb
- 2 medium leeks (white and light green part) quartered lengthwise and then cut crosswise in small pieces
- 2 large plum tomatoes, seeded and diced small
- 1 cup clam broth or juice
- 4 minced anchovy fillets (oil packed)
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh oregano leaves
- 8 ounces dry linguini cooked al dente ( save a little pasta water)
- 2 4 ounce cans razor clams or 2 to 3 dozen fresh topnecks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan for garnish
- In a large saute pan heat the oil, add the garlic and red pepper and saute for about a minute. Add the ground fennel, the leeks and fresh fennel and continue to gently saute until the leeks soften.
- Add the diced tomato and continue to saute until the tomato softens and gives up a little liquid. Add the anchovies and give all a good stir.
- Add the clam broth, fresh oregano and clams(with their juice), bring up to a simmer and simmer for about 3 minutes. If using fresh top necks simmer until they open. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cooked pasta. If need be, add a little of the pasta water, stir it all up and place in a serving bowl. Garnish with the grated parmesan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Anchovies
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fennel
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Leeks
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe
The Spice is Right
Recipes that put a dent in that za'atar stash
Za'atar: the spice with zip.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
The knots you should know.
Have a ball (jar).