If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Oyster Pate is a simple combination of ingredients. It is a recipe to keep in your back pocket. Memorize it. When you have guests over, it makes a delicious little something to serve with cocktails. - Waverly
Food52 Review: This smoked oyster spread comes with an important lesson: cream cheese, which is used to hold the pâté together, takes on a certain sweetness when mixed with the salty and savory other ingredients. You can easily whip this up at the last minute, but I encourage you to make it ahead, if possible. Somehow, we managed not to devour this all at once, so I was able to test it again, a few hours later. I liked it even more then. Specifically, the spice notes in the Worcestershire sauce became more noticeable, but without overwhelming the other flavors. - AntoniaJames
- 1 8 oz tub cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped white and some green parts
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce, or to taste
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 4 oz can smoked oysters, drained and chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 baguette, sliced into thin rounds
- butter, to taste
- COMBINE: In a medium bowl, pour the cream cheese, milk, green onions, Worcestershire, Tabasco, garlic, and parsley. Stir to combine. If the mixture seems too thick, thin it with a teaspoon or two more milk. ( It should be thick but everything should be evenly blended.) Fold in the oysters. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- TOAST: Spread butter, to taste, on one side of each round of baguette. Place in a 400 degree oven until lightly toasted.
- SERVE: Place the oyster pate and the toast on a serving tray. Each guest can place a dollop of the pate onto a round of toast.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe