If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe has become a staple in our house. It's very important to let the baked potatoes cool a bit before attempting to peel the skin off! This mush is very tasty when served alongside something quite savory, such as roast chicken. It makes a great Thanksgiving side dish, too, naturally. - johanna
- 2 big sweet potatoes - any variety, but ideally local
- 1 generous splashes whole milk
- 1 dash maple syrup
- 1 dash creme fraiche (don't substitute sour cream)
- 1 good pinches nice salt, such as Maldon salt
- copious amounts of freshly-ground black pepper
- Prick holes all over the sweet potatoes. Wrap them individually in foil and bake in the oven at 375 F for about an hour and a half, until the potatoes are well cooked through.
- Remove potatoes from their foil packets and allow to cool. Peel off the skin and put potato flesh into a pot on the stove.
- Turn the heat on very low and add the milk and maple syrup and salt and pepper to taste. Mush all the ingredients vigorously with a potato masher/ricer.
- Turn off the heat and add the creme fresh. Stir. Serve hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sweet Potato Recipe