If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a simple yet full of flavor, tuna salad that I make when my fridge is empty and there's not much to cook with. Inspired by one of my favorites cuisines, asian cuisine. The wasabi gives it a great twist and a spicy hint. It's great as is with some toasted bread or served on a romaine salad with thinly sliced red onion. —Shelly's Humble Kitchen
- 1 can of Albacore light tuna
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 sprigs finely chopped scallion
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mayonaise - optional
- 1 tablespoon seaweed flakes - optional
- 1/4 teaspoon wasabi paste or 1/4 teaspoon wasabi powder mixed with 1/4 teaspoon water
- Mix all the ingredients together in a small mixing bowl and serve.
- Tip: I didn't have seaweed flakes but I did have seaweed sheets (for rolls), so I cut the seaweed into pieces and put them in the food processor and processed them into flakes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe