Author Notes: This is a simple yet full of flavor, tuna salad that I make when my fridge is empty and there's not much to cook with. Inspired by one of my favorites cuisines, asian cuisine. The wasabi gives it a great twist and a spicy hint. It's great as is with some toasted bread or served on a romaine salad with thinly sliced red onion. - Shelly@QuickQuickYumYum
- 1 can of Albacore light tuna
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 sprigs finely chopped scallion
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mayonaise - optional
- 1 tablespoon seaweed flakes - optional
- 1/4 teaspoon wasabi paste or 1/4 teaspoon wasabi powder mixed with 1/4 teaspoon water
- Mix all the ingredients together in a small mixing bowl and serve.
- Tip: I didn't have seaweed flakes but I did have seaweed sheets (for rolls), so I cut the seaweed into pieces and put them in the food processor and processed them into flakes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe