If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: First of all I'm really excited about this contest, I LOVE anchovies, sardines and canned tuna so I can't wait to check out everyone's submissions. I am just submitting clam chowder; I came up with it on one of those nights when you have nothing planned and you must raid the pantry and the very bottom of the vegetable crisper for inspiration. —Summer of Eggplant
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup clam juice (1 8 oz. bottle)
- 1 10 oz. can clams, drained and juice reserved
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 small Yukon potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 10 sprigs thyme, leaves stripped
- 1.5-2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine clam juice, juice from clams and water in a pan and bring to a boil. Add in the potatoes and half of the thyme and cook for 3 minutes. Add in the mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes. Add in the carrot and cook for another 3 minutes. Then remove the vegetables from the pot with a slotted spoon.
- Meanwhile heat the butter in a pan and add the onions and saute until almost translucent, then add in the celery and remaining thyme and saute for another 2 minutes. Add the clams and saute for a minute.
- Slowly add the flour to the pot with the clam juice, whisking to combine until thickened. Add in cream and milk, heat and add in all of the vegetables and clams. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, add brandy and cook for 3 more minutes. Serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe
Move Over, Boozy Pops
We Prefer Our Pops All-In
We shall call them pop-tails.
We are in love—with this toast.