If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What can I say? A loaf of Iggy's sourdough Francese , a crock of this, and bliss is but a mouthful away! I first encountered Anchovy Butter as the table butter provided the lucky diners at Lydia Shire and Susan Regis's magnificent Biba, looking out over the beautiful historic Public Garden in Boston. So many fine memories, and 30 years later, those two talented chefs are still at it, chef/owning restaurants and exciting the palates of all their lucky customers! —LE BEC FIN
Serves one?! or more
- 2 2 ounce cans of flat anchovies
- 2 2/3 sticks of unsalted butter, soft
- kosher salt as needed
- Remove anchovies from oil. Puree in small processor. Add butter and puree, scraping down sides as needed, til butter is whipped and thoroughly combined. Surprisingly, this may sometinmes need added salt, and, if so, add gradually to taste.Transfer to container. Serve with fresh bread or sesame crackers,and, i suppose, on pasta or pizza or anything!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Anchovies
A Zucchini Spaghetti to Fawn Over
A fried and fabulous classic
The zucchini spaghetti of Italy.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
This pasta's mint to be.