If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my version of the salad served at The Four Seasons, a great little Portuguese restaurant in Lowell MA which we just love. It's a cinch to make with everyday pantry ingredients, but is even better if you are able to get the best ingredients you can. This is great any time of year that can be served right away or the next day. If you have any leftovers serve them on a bed of torn watercress. - Helen's All Night Diner
Serves 2 to 4
- 5 ounces tuna in olive oil preferably Italian, drained
- 1 pound waxy potatoes such as white, fingerling, red, new
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas, preferably made from dried
- 2 tablespoons minced sweet onion, shallot, or scallion
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fine quality olive oil
- 2 tablespoons torn flat leaf parsley leaves
- 8 kalamata or your favorite olives
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon wedges for garnish
- Steam the potatoes until just tender, cool slightly and peel (not necessary to peel small new or red potatoes). Cut into rough chunks and arrange on a serving platter, sprinkle with salt. Drain the tuna and flake into large chunks on top of the potatoes. Sprinkle the chickpeas and onions over the top along with the olives. Mix the olive oil and lemon juice, add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over the salad, arrange the parsley leaves around the platter. Either serve at once or chill and serve the next day. Serves 4 as an appetizer or 2 as an entree.
- This is a great pantry recipe that can yield extraordinary results with high quality ingredients. Stop by a farm stand and pick up some beautiful little potatoes. Pop by your favorite foodie shop and pick up a handful of wonderful olives and some fantastic tuna. Break out your best olive oil and sherry vinegar and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.