If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe sort of evolved from one called "Reggie's Wedges" which I found in Bon Appetit several years ago. Basically it was mayo, grated cheddar, green onions and ripe olives spread on English muffins and baked. The family loves it! For this one I used the same technique with different ingredients...I think everyone will be happy with this one too. It's quick and easy and can be prepped far in advance. - inpatskitchen
Makes 20 bites
- 2 6.5 ounce cans of chopped clams drained thoroughly (save the juice and make Bloody Marys!)
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated Swiss cheese (I just used a domestic)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon Aleppo pepper (or substitute just a little cayenne)
- 1 12 inch baguette cut into 20 rounds
- Thoroughly combine all ingredients except the bread. Spread the clam mixture on top of each bread round and bake the rounds at 375F for 12 to 14 minutes. Serve hot!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.