If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Many years ago I was introduced to the flavor combination of smoked seafood, avocado and sesame oil by the amazing Boston based chef, Ana Sortun.Ever since then I have played with and loved this flavorful combo. - LE BEC FIN
Makes about 25 crostini
- 1 sesame coated ficelle (or plain), about 1 1/2 inches wide
- canola oil
- 12 ounces avocado flesh, mashed with fork( from 2 ripe Haas avocadoes)**
- 2-4 tablespoons Japanese sesame oil (Maruhon preferred)-to taste
- 2-4 tablespoons lime juice- to taste
- 1 tablespoon tamari (or Japanese soy sauce)
- 4-5 ounces smoked trout, pulled into 1 " chevrons, or pieces of thinly sliced smoked salmon
- optional garnish of tiny dab of tobiko(flying fish roe, found refrigerated in Japanese stores)
- Slice ficelle crosswise into 1/4 " rounds; arrange in one layer on a lipped baking sheet. Brush top of rounds with oil and toast in 350 degree F oven about 7 minutes til crisp and lightly browned. Cool and set aside.
- Mash avocado with sesame oil through tamari. **The avocado cannot be prepared more than 1 hour before serving or it will lose its bright green color.
- Arrange crostini on a serving tray. Top each with 1/2 tablespoon of avocado mash. Top each with a smoked trout chevron or piece of smoked salmon. If using smoked trout, garnishing with a tiny dab of tobiko makes for a colorful presentation.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls