If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While weeknight family meals demand simplicitiy, they shouldn't come from a box. This quick, rustic cassoulet is enveloped with flavor; and balanced with a healthy dose of antioxidants. Note: This recipe does not call for seasoning and salt. Sausages contain high amounts of sodium, and will season this dish completely. That being said, use a good quality, un-cooked sausage. *Pre-cooked sausages will result in an inferior dish.
- 4 Chicken Italian Sausages (un-cooked)
- 1 bunch Lacinato Kale (washed, stemmed, and chopped)
- 2 Cans Cannellini Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 28 ounces Crushed San Marzano Tomatoes
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup White Wine (optional)
- In a deep fry pan, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat. When oil it hot, but not smoking, add sausages to the pan. Brown sausages thoroughly; however, they should not be cooked through. When sausages have browned, remove from pan to rest.
- In the same pan, add garlic to brown. The pan is realatively dry at this point, so be cautious not to burn the garlic. After the garlic has become fragrant, add the crushed tomatoes. Scrape any fond/brown bits that may be at the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Allow tomatoes to cook for a minute or two, and add white wine. Allow wine and tomatoes to cook for five minutes, and then add the white beans. After the white beans have been incorporated into the tomatoe mixture, add the chopped kale.
- Allow kale to wilt for a few minutes, then gently nestle the sausages into the pan, adding any juices that may have released during the resting. Bring to a gentle simmer, and cover with a lid for 20 minutes.
- Remove lid, and allow cassoulet to rest for five minutes before serving.
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
This is poppin'.