Author Notes: I can eat these any time.I just love the varied textures and colors, the sweet and the soy. This is also a great dish to make with little kids. Their small hands are ideally suited for stuffing the small pockets.
- LE BEC FIN
- 1 can or package (16)Aburage (tofu skin pockets),rinsed thoroughly and squeezed
- 3 cups Prepared sushi rice at room temperature
- 1 package pickled Kampyo(gourd), finely chopped
- 7/8 packets pickled gobo, sliced crosswise into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup dried shiitakes, poached, sliced thin and minced
- 1/4- 1/2 cup smoked trout or salmon, chopped, OR tobiko(flying fish roe)
- Thoroughly combine everything except the tofu skins. Gently stuff mixture into aburage, leaving 1/2" unfilled.
- Serve with tamari and wasabi or as is.
- Notes: All these ingredients can be found in a Japanese store.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring