If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love grilled chicken on the bone but always worry whether or not it's cooked thoroughly. A number of years ago I began using this method - grill the chicken a bit and then finish it off in the oven. This chicken marinates for a few hours, gets a little char and then finishes off in the oven with roasted redskins..round out the meal with a nice Greek salad. - inpatskitchen
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced basil
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Juice of one large lemon
- Whisk all the ingredients together. Set aside about three tablespoons for the potatoes.
For the chicken and potatoes
- 1 4 to 5 pound whole chicken, backbone removed and then quartered
- The marinade
- 5 or 6 medium redskin potatoes cut into 2 inch chunks
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Place the chicken quarters in a large ziploc bag or a large plastic container with a lid. Pour all but the 3 tablespoons of the reserved marinade over and refrigerate for at least an hour (preferably 3) agitating the bag or shaking the container a few times to keep the marinade distributing.
- Just before grilling, par boil the potatoes for about 3 minutes. Drain and coat them with the 3 tablespoons of the marinade.
- Grill the chicken quarters over a medium hot gas or charcoal grill for about 5 minutes on each side, just enough to get a nice char.
- Place the chicken quarters in a large open roasting pan skin side up, surround with the coated potatoes, drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil and roast for about 45 minutes at 350F. Serve with lemon wedges for a extra punch!
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
This is poppin'.