If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Celery is such an underestimated veggie. Many of us do not know how should be incorporate it in our daily food or diet. With such nutritional qualities we should try to often use it in our regular diet. With the aim of using some nutritional things I feel this Raita really brings out the flavor and texture of celery . Hope you all enjoy as much as we love it.
For variation, you can use any veggies like green, red and yellow bell pepper, then shredded carrots, or corn. —PistachioDoughnut
Makes 2 cups raita
- 1 cup Regular Plain yogurt or Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Celery stalks, washed and chopped into small pieces
- 1 Small Red D Apple or Granny Smith Apple , chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Thinly chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup Cucumber, thinly diced
- 1.5 teaspoons Roasted Cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Thinly chopped green chillies, this is totally optional as it will give a spicy flavor so avoid it if you don't like spice.
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper, you can add extra if not using green chillies or according to your taste
- Pomegranate seeds to garnish
- Celery leaves also to garnish, in place of celery leaves you can use anything else like dill,parsley or cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Mint leaves, chopped
- Pomegranate powder to garnish it, it really looks very nice because of its pink color and adds a little tangyness
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Take the plain yogurt and whisk it properly, add the spices and seasonings alongwith honey and mix it well.
- Add the veggies and fruits. Taste it and if you feel something needs to be added then add it.
- Garnish it with pomegranate seeds or pomegranate powder or both. Serve it chilled or at room temperature with fresh bread, naan or pita chips. You can serve it as side dish with rice or pilaf.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe