Author Notes: Pureed sweet potato and celery with sour cream soup. - Hidemi
- 1 Sweet Potato (about 0.25lb)
- 1/2 Small Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1/2 cup Chopped Celery
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 cups Water
- 1 Vegetable Bouillon (1 cube)
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into small cubes.
- In a sauce pan, heat butter and cook garlic, onion and celery until tender. Add sweet potatoes. Saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add water and vegetable bouillon and bring to boil. Cook over medium heat until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Transfer to the blender. Puree all vegetables. Then transfer to the sauce pan again and heat over low heat, season with salt and pepper and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add sour cream and stir well. Turn off the heat. When ready to serve, sprinkle minced parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe