Author Notes: I was in melbourne and I passed this little turkish vendor which was selling something called gozleme. It smelled fabulous so I got one to try and absolutely loved it. I looked for a recipe and this is what I found. Its a quick and easy meal considering you make your own dough and you can add different fillings depending on your preference. - The young chef
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 2 cups Low fat greek yoghurt
- Plain flour (to dust)
- 1/2 bunch English spinach finely shredded
- 100g Reduced fat Fetta crumbled
- 150g grated Kasar cheese or Cheddar
- 2 Shallots finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup vegetable or olive oil
- Lemon wedgesm, to serve
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf Parsley
- Combine self-raising flour and yoghurt in a large bowl. Stir in a pinch of salt. Using hands, press dough together. Turn out dough onto a surface lightly dusted with plain flour. Knead to form a soft dought. Shape into an 8 inch log. Cut into four equal portions.
- Meanwhile, combine spinach, fetta, kasar or cheddar, shallots and parsley in a bowl and season.
- Roll one portion of dough on a lightly floured surface into an 8 inch round. Top half of round with one quarter of spinach mixture leaving a small border. Fold over dought to form a semicircle. Pinch edges to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and spinach mixture. Sprinkle sesame seeds over Gozleme.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan on medium-high. Cook Gozleme in batches, flattening with a spatula during cooking, for 2-3 mins each side, until golden brown. Transfer to a chopping board. Cut into wedges and serve immediately with lemon.