If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great recipe for pasta bolognese. I got the original recipe from Women's Wear Daily many years ago. It is my version of the famous Ristorante Diana's Ragu. It cooks for hours and hours and it is worth the wait. Best with taglietelle or rigatoni.
Enjoy! - gt9
Serves 6 as a sauce for pasta
- 2 Stalks of Celery
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Onion
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1 cup White wine
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 28 ounces 28 oz can of tomato puree
- 1 cup Water
- Finely chop the celery, carrot, and onion.
- Brown the meat in the vegetable oil (about 20 minutes).
- Add the chopped celery, carrot and onion and continue browning for about 10 minutes
- Add the white wine and simmer until evaporated
- Add salt and pepper to taste, nutmeg (I grind from the nutmeg pod), the tomato puree and the water (use the water to rinse the puree can)
- Cover and leave at a very low simmer until thick...that means 3, 4 or 5 hours. Serve with your favorite pasta...I usually serve over rigatoni. Freshly grated cheese to finish.
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
The Daily Grind
Italian Breakfast Buns