If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A number of years ago I found a recipe in Bon Appetit Magazine for Caesar Coleslaw which I dearly loved. We were all in to low carb dieting and this recipe certainly fit the bill. I think a Caesar Salad is one of the greatest inventions of all time. Here's my take on it with crunchy celery, fennel and rock shrimp. The dressing is more than enough for the two salads but will keep in the fridge for more salad, as a dip for veggies or a marinade for grilled chicken. - inpatskitchen
Makes 2 salads
For the dressing
- 1 room temperature egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons anchovy paste(or more if you like)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the egg, salt, mustard, anchovy paste, lemon juice and garlic clove in the bowl of a mini food processor. With the machine running, drizzle in the oil through those little holes on the lid until the oil is incorporated and the dressing is emulsified. Refrigerate at least an hour. The dressing will thicken.
For the slaw
- 1 cup finely sliced fennel bulb cut into slices about 2 inches
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery cut on the diagonal
- 1/2 pound cooked rock shrimp or small gulf shrimp
- 6 to 8 Kalamata olives
- Parmesan shavings for serving
- The dressing previously made
- Salt and pepper if desired
- In a medium bowl toss the celery and fennel with 2 or 3 tablespoons of the dressing. Taste and add a little salt and pepper if desired. In another bowl toss the shrimp with a tablespoon or two of the dressing.
- Divide the celery/fennel mixture on to two salad plates. Top each with half of the shrimp. Place a few olives on top and add the parmesan shavings.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe
This burger's all that and a bag of barbecue-flavored chips.
Wildcard Winner: Texas Tailgate Burger
Prep your pans for perfection.
Behind the scenes.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Stop the soap opera.