If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the first time I tried this recipe specifically for this contest. I love the earthy taste of celery root and the dijon and lemon only enhance the flavor. I adapted this recipe from the one on David Lebovitz's blog. I added two stalks of celery and their leaves, which brightened up the dish in both color and taste. - lesmcs
Serves 4-6 as a side dish
- 1 cup mayonaise
- 2 tablespoons heaping dijon mustard
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 or 2 celery roots, depending on size (roughly 2 pounds)
- 2 stalks from inner most part of bunch of celery, including leaves
- celery salt, optional
- Make the dressing by combining mayo, mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Peel the celery root and shred using a food processor with the grater attachment or use a cheese grater. Put shredded celery root into bowl with the dressing and stir until combined. If there is too much celery root freeze it to use in soup at a later date.
- Chop celery stalks and mix into salad. Adjust seasoning and serve with a sprinkling of celery salt on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe
Soffritto: The Superstar
Your new favorite three-ingredient ingredient.
Soffritto's a superstar.
Lettuce love vegetables.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.