If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quick and easy stir fry. Kouza squash is my preferred squash for this dish but yellow squash and zucchini are fine substitutes. —nasilemak
- 2 strips of Black Forest Bacon
- 1 bunch garlic chives, ends removed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup kouza squash, ends removed and cut in to half inch thick slices
- 4 tablespoons Shaoxing cooking wine
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- Render most of the fat out of the bacon strips in a hot saute pan and drain the oil, leaving about a tablespoon left in the pan.
- Add garlic chives and squash to the pan and stir fry over medium high flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooking wine to the pan and cover, letting it steam for another 2 minutes. Note that if the pan is getting dry, add a splash of water.
- Remove cover and add black pepper. Stir it in well and saute for one more minute. Adjust seasoning and add a touch of soy sauce if necessary. Serve immediately.
Anything But Watered Down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.