Author Notes: Quick and easy stir fry. Kouza squash is my preferred squash for this dish but yellow squash and zucchini are fine substitutes. - nasilemak
- 2 strips of Black Forest Bacon
- 1 bunch garlic chives, ends removed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup kouza squash, ends removed and cut in to half inch thick slices
- 4 tablespoons Shaoxing cooking wine
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- Render most of the fat out of the bacon strips in a hot saute pan and drain the oil, leaving about a tablespoon left in the pan.
- Add garlic chives and squash to the pan and stir fry over medium high flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooking wine to the pan and cover, letting it steam for another 2 minutes. Note that if the pan is getting dry, add a splash of water.
- Remove cover and add black pepper. Stir it in well and saute for one more minute. Adjust seasoning and add a touch of soy sauce if necessary. Serve immediately.