If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: All the ingredients of the original salad plus a lovely Pinot Grigio cream of celery sauce and crumbled bleu cheese. - Tess Gardner
- 8 ounces thin pizza crust
- 2 Gala apples, julienned
- 8 Celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup Walnut pieces
- 1 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 ounce Pinot Grigio
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red grape halves
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F..
- Peel and julienne apples; set aside.
- Chop celery stalks; set aside.
- In a meduim saucepan, combine heavy cream, 1/2 of the chopped celery and Pinot Grigio. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until celery is soft and sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Baste top of thin pizza crust with olive oil. Generously spread cream of celery mixture over crust. Top with apples, walnuts, grapes, bleu cheese and remaining chopped celery.
- Reduce oven temperature to 425 degrees F. and bake on center rack for 8-10 minutes or until crust edges are golden brown. Slice, serve and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.