If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is something I came up with as a variation of Shrimp and Grits.
Use yellow cornmeal if you can not find grits. Think Polenta. - Sam1148
- 1/2 cup Grits (or yellow cornmeal)
- 3-4 cups Chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Sliced Ginger
- 1 Sliced Large Portobella mushroom
- 1 tablespoon Dow See (Fremented black soy beans)
- 1 6 oz country ham steak
- 12 Shrimp raw pealed
- 3 cloves garlic
- Soy Sauce
- Simmer stock with 2 cloves of garlic, and the ginger to make an Asian flavor infused stock.
- Cook the grits with 2 cups of the stock. About 20 mins It should be a creamy texture. Start soaking the dow see at this time in a small bowl to remove the salt.
- Cook the mushroom and ham in oil and butter, remove from pan and hold in a warm oven. De-glaze the pan with some of the stock and sherry/sake..and add the shrimp some more oil and remaining garlic and ginger until the shrimp are cooked.
- Remove the cooked shrimp and deglaze the pan again with stock, sherry, lightly crush the rinsed and drained dow see and add to the pan.
- To plate. Put a puddle of grits/polenta in the center of the dish. Top with the ham cut in matchstick size and the slice mushrooms. Finish the sauce with some cornstarch and water if needed and surround the grits with the sauce. Arrange the shrimp around the grits in the sauce. Garnish the shrimp with finely chopped chives.
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.