If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When prepared with green beans, this is probably my favorite green beans dish. I tried it with celery and enjoy how the celery's crunchiness plays through the bright lemon and garlic flavors, with the cumin perfuming all and the cayenne kicking in at the end. Because of the lemon juice, the celery , like the green beans, loses its bright green color, but once you taste it, you know you want more!
photo to follow —LE BEC FIN
- 1 1/2 pounds celery, peeled
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Cut celery into 1/3 inch pieces on the extreme diagonal, creating chevrons. In small bowl, combine water through cayenne. In small bowl, add cumin seeds.Have both bowls and wok lid close to stove.
- Over highest heat. heat wok to smoking, add oil and heat to smoking. Add cumin seeds, followed immediately by celery. Stir well for 3-4 minutes. Stir garlic mixture, quickly pour over the celery ,and top immediately with lid. Reduce heat to low and cook 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe
Put the briny bite to good use
Olive you, olives.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
We've got the summer blues.
Small spaces don't have to feel small.
A better basket.