Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from the Maple Curls recipe from my mom's edition of the Joy of Cooking (it's not in the new one, though I can't possibly fathom why). They are super easy and I make them all the time, and they are also the cookies I made for Amanda when I first met her! - lauren
Makes about 15 cookies
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring the maple syrup, butter, and vanilla to a hard boil for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the heat, and whisk in the flour and salt until the mixture is smooth and there are no lumps whatsoever.
- Place one tablespoon of batter on a silpat-lined cookie sheet (batter will be slightly runny). Repeat with the remaining batter, making sure to leave about 2-3 inches between cookies. Bake for about 12-13 minutes, or until cookies take on a lace-like appearance. Let cool completely on the silpat.