If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crisp celery stalks, succulent shrimp, citrus juices, chilies, fresh vegetables and celery seeds all together make a healthy and delicious appetizer good for serving at any pot luck or gathering. The dish can be made one day ahead. —DinnerDiva PGH
- 1 pound celery root, peeled; ½ inch cubed
- 1 bunch celery, bottom removed; rinsed well
- 2 lemons, zested; juiced
- 1 lime, zested; juiced
- 2 ounces fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon celery seeds
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1 English cucumber, peeled; ½ inch cubed
- 1 avocado, peeled; small diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded; small diced
- 2 medium jalapenos, seeded; finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 pound frozen cooked salad shrimp (70-80 count), thawed
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add celery root cubes and cook until semi-soft. Drain water and chill celeriac.
- Slice celery stalks with leafy tops crosswise about ¼ inch thick.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together citrus juices, zests, chili powder, garlic, celery seeds, salt and pepper. Slowly add oil (a few drops at a time) and continue whisking until the mixture is consistent.
- Add all other ingredients to the bowl; mix well. Let salad sit in room temperature for a half hour. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe
Move Over, Boozy Pops
We Prefer Our Pops All-In
We shall call them pop-tails.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
It's in the bag.