If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Just another experiment. Chaat is one of my favorite appetizers. - PistachioDoughnut
Serves 4 to 6 people
- 2 Large boiled potatoes
- 1/2 cup Celery stalks, washed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons Onions
- 1 tablespoon Peanuts
- 3 tablespoons Corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon Coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Sev, yellow crispy noodles available at Indian grocery stores
- 1/2 cup Celery chutney recipe follows
- Less than half a cup Tamarind Chutney
- 1 packet papad (buy size similar to the tortilla chips available)Usually they come in a bigger size
- Oil for deep frying
- Take the boiled potatoes and cut them into small pieces, add the chopped celery, chopped onions, corn and pomegranate seeds, peanuts and mix well.
- Add all the other dry ingredients, leaving away the yellow crispy noodles "sev" and mix it well.
- Meanwhile, heat enough oil to deep fry the papad at medium high heat. Fry all the papads one by one and remove them on a piece of tissue paper. and, leave them aside.
- Take 1 cup celery stalks washed and chopped, 1/2 cup coriander leaves, 2 to 3 tbsp of mint leaves, 1 lime juice, salt to taste, 1 green chilli and 3 tbsp of chopped apples. And, blend everything in a blender or a food processor using a little bit of water. Make chutney out of it.
- Now to assemble this dish, take the fried papads and place the potato mix on top of it and drizzle them with little bit of celery chutney and then a little bit of store bought tamarind chutney and finally top it off with sev, the yellow crispy noodles and serve immediately.
- Suggestion- Assemble the chaat whenever you are going to serve it because the chutney and the potato mixture and make the papad soggy. For this particular dish , please buy a small sized papad size similar to tortilla chips or if you do not find papad of that size , I would recommend going for traditional chaat "puris" available at Indian grocery stores.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
Good day, sunshine.
Gifts for Mother's Day
Make better cookies.