If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometimes I eat dinner for breakfast, then breakfast for dinner.
This is rich and satisfying, even for dinner. - Truly Scrumptious
- 1 cup Vanilla Yogurt or Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup dried or fresh dates
- 1 Fig, dried, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground cardamon pod
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup milk. any kind, almond, coconut, hemp, rice, etc.
- 1 fresh or frozen banana (optional)
- Place yogurt in the blender. Then add the fruit, spice and liquids. I do grind the cardamon pods in a mortar and pestle. Remove pod shell until left with seed. Ground the seed good to stimulate full flavor. Blend thoroughly on high. Pour into glassware. Enjoy
- Note about frozen bananas: Put ripe bananas, peel and all, in freezer. When ready to use, take out of freezer and run a little hot water over the banana just to take the chill off. Set it down and wait a few minutes, then begin peeling the still frozen banana with a pairing knife. You will be surprised to easily reveal a nice frozen banana. The frozen banana is ideal to use instead of ice or ice cream. Save the surplus of ripe bananas in the freezer to be ready for your next smoothie.