If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy, refreshing, healthy, and delicious! It's the perfect mix of sweet, salty, and savory. Perfect as a side dish, or an entree with some grilled fish or chicken on top. —TheSkinnyGoose
Food52 Review: This is a refreshing salad that will have your taste buds dancing with the perfect combination of flavors and textures. A sweet and spicy ginger miso vinaigrette coats a salad of greens, caramelized onion, pear and salted cashews. If you're not a fan of onions, I would recommend adding half the amount. Save the leftover vinaigrette -- it will be good on just about anything! —jvcooks
Serves 2 as a meal, 4 as an appetizer
Ginger Miso Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons miso paste (I like brown, but use white for a more mild flavor)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 small clove of garlic, grated
- 4 drops of sriracha sauce (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl, and slowly whisk in the sesame oil until well blended. *Note, you will not need to use all of the dressing for the salad. It packs a punch!
- 1 handful mixed field greens
- 1 head of butter lettuce, chopped
- 1 Asian pear, thinly sliced
- 1 handful roasted and salted cashews
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 splash red wine vinegar
- pinches sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the red onions and begin to caramelize. When they begin to dry out a little add a splash of red wine vinegar and sugar. Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad together with greens, pear, cashews, caramelized red onion, and drizzle with the Miso Ginger Vinaigrette.
Forget Green Pesto
Here's why red is rad
Green pesto is so last summer.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Beet greens can't be beat.
Savor the season.