Author Notes: We eat so many sweet potato fries or roasted sweet potatoes with maple syrup during the winter, but I always forget about mashed sweet potatoes. They are probably the least effort to make, and so tasty. I always love the taste of maple with them to highlight the sweetness, and the salty prosciutto adds some crunch as well. - Meatballs&Milkshakes
- 1 very large sweet potato or 2 regular sized ones
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 maple syrup
- 1 scallion, white and green parts sliced
- 2 slices of prosciutto
- Bake the prosciutto on a baking sheet at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, until crisp.
- Bake the sweet potato at 400 degrees on a baking sheet for 40-45 minutes, or until soft. A knife should come out easily.
- Let cool a little and mash in a bowl with the butter and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with scallion and crumbled prosciutto sprinkled over the top.