If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ohh I so so like to use couscous these days especially for breakfast or as salad for lunch.
Coucous pudding is what this dish will make. You can also make this with sago as in dessert. Both of the ingredients go really well in this dish. Enjoy! - PistachioDoughnut
Food52 Review: The open-pot cooking technique is perfect for turning cous cous into a starring comfort food. Tummy feels happy and the spirit is fed. I had a ripe pear that was a good match, and the melons in the photo will be summer's gift. I found a little less maple syrup (1/3
cup), and a mix of 1/2 tsp cardamom with 1/2 tsp cinnamon was just what I wanted. Next time I will stop cooking sooner so more of the creaminess remains. So simple to make, these little pearls will come again, enjoying whatever combination of fresh and dried fruits and nuts suits my fancy. - susan g
Serves approx 3 to 5
- 1/2 cup Grade B Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Couscous or if you are using sago then 1/2 cup soaked and drained
- 1.5 teaspoons Cardamom poder , if you like cinnamon go for it.
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2.5 cups Regular Milk or Almond Milk
- 2 tablespoons Honey, optional
- 2 tablespoons Goji berries or berries of your choice
- Dry fruits like walnuts, pistachios or almond for garnishing
- Fresh fruits to top it of like bananas, apples cherries or raspberries
- Take butter in a pan on medium heat, add the couscous and saute it for few seconds. Remember if you are using sago , I would recommend you soak and drain sago for about half an hour really depends on the type of sago you are using. The one that I have takes just few seconds to soften.
- Add the maple syrup to couscous, and let it simmer for some time and add the milk also . And, cook till the milk has reduced and it has thickened quite a bit.
- Add cardamom powder, vanilla essence and mix well.
- To serve- Add the nuts, and goji berries and serve fruits on side or garnish it with fresh cut fruit and honey.
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.