If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This on the go quick bread has everything you need for breakfast -bacon, eggs, fruit, maple syrup all rolled into one. So pour yourself a cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk and enjoy!!
Makes one 9x5 inch loaf
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted for 5 minutes in a 350F oven and then coarsely chopped
- 1 medium apple, cored and diced finely (leave the skin on- it's good for you!)
- 8 tablespoons (one stick) softened butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup dark amber maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until fluffy with a electric mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time while beating and then add the syrup and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the apple, pecans and bacon and then stir in the flour mixture a little at a time until fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 x 5 inch well buttered loaf pan. Bake in a pre heated 350F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until that toothpick comes out clean.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe