Author Notes: I love egg nog pancakes but the idea of using store-bought egg nog isn't for me. And anytime I make my own egg nog it never lasts enough for pancakes! So here you go, you can have these anytime of year...I won't tell Santa. - Jerry James Stone
Bourbon Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 shot bourbon (more depending on your relatives)
Egg Nog Pancakes
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Add the three egg yolks and a whole egg to a small mixing bowl and beat them until they whiten and become somewhat stiff.
- Add the half and half, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg and mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry, mixing well.
- Heat the skillet until a drop of water dances on the surface, the coat with butter or a non-stick cooking spray.
- Ladle some batter onto the pan and flip with spatula when bubbles start to form and they get dry around the edge.
- Add the maple syrup and the bourbon to a small sauce pot and warm the mixture over a low heat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe