If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love egg nog pancakes but the idea of using store-bought egg nog isn't for me. And anytime I make my own egg nog it never lasts enough for pancakes! So here you go, you can have these anytime of year...I won't tell Santa. - Jerry James Stone
Bourbon Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 shot bourbon (more depending on your relatives)
Egg Nog Pancakes
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Add the three egg yolks and a whole egg to a small mixing bowl and beat them until they whiten and become somewhat stiff.
- Add the half and half, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg and mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry, mixing well.
- Heat the skillet until a drop of water dances on the surface, the coat with butter or a non-stick cooking spray.
- Ladle some batter onto the pan and flip with spatula when bubbles start to form and they get dry around the edge.
- Add the maple syrup and the bourbon to a small sauce pot and warm the mixture over a low heat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe