If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These caramel shortbread stars have a deep flavor of maple, coconut and butter. They are a chewy cookie lover's delight. While adapted , I significantly altered the recipe by changing the sugar, toasting the coconut ,and adding the maple.
photos to follow —LE BEC FIN
Makes 90 stars
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 cups Toasted Sweetened Coconut
- 2 cups A/P Flour
- 1/2 cup medium packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs with 2 pinches salt, lightly beaten-for egg wash
- 8 ounces Butter unsalted
- 2 tablespoons Maple Extract*
- With the paddle ,in a stand-up mixer, beat butter and sugar together til light, scraping down bowl occasionally, then add remaining ingredients and mix until just combined. Divide dough and roll out into a rectangular shape approx. 1/4" thick, chill at least one hour, then cut with 2 1/2" star cookie cutter. Brush with egg wash (egg beaten with a little salt.) Bake in 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes; turn pans and bake for 5-10 minutes more. Cool on rack.Cookies should be chewy. ?
- note: to assure a quality maple extract, I use the Whole Foods carried Pioneer brand.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe
More Great Recipes: Cookies
It's a little Spanish, a little Italian, and a lot wonderful
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Meet beaver tails.
A better basket.