If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A cross between a flan and a tart, clafoutis is one of the simplest French pastries to make. Some chefs choose not to pit the cherries, because they impart a better flavor to the tart, but I don’t like having to worry about breaking my teeth while savoring dessert. The choice is up to you! This is also a nice treat for breakfast, as it's not overly sweet the way clafoutis can often be. - lauren
Food52 Review: Whether you call it "Cla-foo-TEE," "Cla-FOO-tee," or even "Cla-FOO-tis" (yes, we've heard this last pronunciation uttered with unabashed confidence), this eggy French dessert can be tricky to get right. Lauren's version is simple, not too sweet, and tender where others are either gooey or tough. Although we were intrigued by the idea of un-pitted cherries lending better flavor, we decided we didn't want to worry about chipped molars and pitted ours. When cherry season is over, try this recipe with berries instead. - A&M - The Editors
Serves about 6
- 1/2 pound cherries, pitted
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup flour, plus extra for dusting the pan
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- powdered sugar, for dusting the pan
- butter, for greasing the pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a pie pan or other round baking dish that measures at least 2” high and 9” wide. Scatter the cherries evenly about the pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and flour, then add the sugar and baking powder and whisk again until combined. Slowly pour in the milk and whisk until the batter is smooth. Pour over the cherries and bake until set and lightly browned, about 40 minutes. Before serving, dust with powdered sugar.
- Your Best Cherry Recipe Contest Finalist!
Breakfast for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Style with a breeze.
Genius, explained at last.
White and Grey Ceramic Vase
For fresh blooms.