If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been staring at a can of snails sitting in my pantry for about a month .. I love escargot all kinds of ways...and today I decided to pair them with a partial package of linguini also sitting in the pantry, a couple of ripe tomatoes and some of last night's leftover wine. A lovely lunch!
- 6 to 8 ounces dry linguini or spaghetti
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced small
- 1 7.75 ounce can snails, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Salt and black pepper for re seasoning
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Grated parmesan for garnish
- Put a pot of water on the stove and start cooking the pasta according to the package directions.
- While waiting on the pasta, place the oil in a large saute pan and heat. Add the garlic, crushed red pepper, oregano, ground fennel and salt and saute for about 2 minutes. Don't let the garlic brown.
- Add the diced tomatoes and saute until they just start to soften. Add the snails and white wine and simmer for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, reserving some of the pasta water and add the pasta to the sauce. With the heat still on stir everything together. Add a little of the pasta water to loosen the sauce if need be and check for seasoning with a little salt and pepper.
- Pour the pasta onto a platter or in a serving bowl and garnish with some chopped parsley and grated parmesan