Author Notes: Nothing says good-day like homemade pancakes. Especially if they´re topped with a sweet, spiced warm honey syrup.
We originally made this recipe for Siesta (proyectosiesta.blogspot.com), our blog. - ines
Makes 6 pancakes
- 3.5 ounces flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 100 milliliters milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix flour and baking powder. Beat eggs with the milk and vanilla.
- Combine both mixtures until there are well integrated. You can keep this overnight so you don´t have to work so much in the morining ;)
- Cook the pancakes in a little pan with some butter until they are golden on both sides.
Honey & Orange Syrup
- 1 cup honey
- 1 orange
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Mix all the ingredients and heat it until it thickens and gets the consistency you want. You can leave it runny or a little thicker if you like. When it has cooled a little bit, you can pour it into a jar and keep it in the fridge for a week.
- Serve pancakes with the warm syrup, powdered sugar and a little bit of cinnamon on top.