Author Notes: This is a beautiful spring soup, full of flavour. You can serve it as a main dish, with a slice of sourdough bread toast. - ines
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 7 ounces fresh green peas
- 2 ounces chopped fennel
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons cream
- Combine butter and olive oil and cook the peas and the fennel for a couple of minutes.
- Add water and cook until the peas are tender. They will take about 10 minutes if they are fresh.
- Add the coriander, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix everything with a blender until it is smooth.
- Serve warm, with a spoonful of cream and a couple drops of lemon juice.