If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This bright and cheerful salsa inspired by tropical flavors is elegant and perfect for spring. Save the tomatoes and peppers for summer and make this salsa now. Spring radish salsa brings together ingredients with bold flavors and bright colors. I use french breakfast radishes because they look so elegant. Cilantro brings a refreshing herbal note. The lime zest is fragrant and almost floral while the juice brings acidity to the dish. Jalapeño adds an extra kick while the Haitian mango balances the salsa with it’s creamy sweetness. The skin of the Haitian mango is green and yellow, while the flesh is golden just like other mangoes. The exotic, tropical flavor of the Haitian mango is a real treat. The flesh is pithier and stringy compared to other mangoes, but it’s good in a raw, jungle fruit sort of way. If you haven’t tried a Haitian mango, it’s time to try something new.
Spring Radish Salsa can be served simply with chips, but it’s also nice over grilled seafood or meat. Here I served it with shrimp and fresh tortillas. A little avocado is nice too. Enjoy! - la domestique
- 1 bunch radishes sliced paper thin with a mandoline
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup diced Haitian mango
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pinches sea salt
- Combine radishes, scallions, jalapeño, Haitian mango, and cilantro in a medium bowl.
- Using a microplane, grate the zest off one lime into the bowl of vegetables.
- Juice the lime and pour over the salsa. Add a splash of extra virgin olive oil, just enough to lubricate the vegetables. Season with salt to taste. Serve immediately.
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.