If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: To call this dish Moroccan is kind of cheating. I didn't actually set out to create a Moroccan meal, and I suppose it's not really Moroccan, largely due to the fact that I have no idea whatsoever makes a dish truly Moroccan. It looks kind of like it, smelled kind of like it, tasted kind of like it. So, heck. Why not? —Brussels Sprouts for Breakfast
Serves 4-6 people
- 1 whole roasting chicken or turkey
- 1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon (zested and quartered)
- 10-15 cloves garlic (whole and unpeeled)
- 1-2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons coriander
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 2 tablespoons smoky paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Start by brining your bird overnight. Submerge the bird in a salty/sugary bath overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rinse the whole thing, and pat dry with paper towels. Place in your baking dish to prepare.
- Coat the whole bird with salt and pepper, and then slather in olive oil. Rub the coriander, turmeric, paprika and lemon zest all over the bird (top, bottom, wings, legs).
- Stuff 2 quarters of the lemon and about 5 cloves of garlic in the cavity. The rest of the lemon and garlic cloves go in the bottom of the baking pan with all the chicken broth, the cherry tomatoes and some salt and pepper.
- Cover dish with foil, and pop in the over for 90 minutes. When there are about 20 minutes left, remove the foil. Depending on how big your bird is, cooking times will vary. Both chicken and turkey should have an internal temperature of about 170 degrees.
- Remove and let cool for at least 15 minutes. Move the bird to a cutting board to serve. Remove the garlic paper and lemon, and add the juice and tomatoes at the bottom of the pan to a small sauce pan on the stove top. Bring to a simmer and let thicken for about 5 minutes. Serve as sauce over the sliced chicken.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Thanksgiving Turkey
A Piece of Beauty
Meet Mosser Glass
Meet the cake stand extraordinaries
The best vegan cookbook tips.
It's time to travel.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
Put cake on a pedestal.