If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sort of creamier than sorbet, thanks to the oat milk. Maple syrup is on my favorite things list. It reminds me of Little House In The Big Woods. I think it's so fascinating that the sap is harvested when cold nights and warm days make trees contract and expand. I would like this sorbet with wild berries, berry ice cream, or hot berry sauce. —HCR
Food52 Review: This sorbet is perfect for maple lovers. It's pure, unadulterated maple, with a few toasted almonds tossed in for added dimension. Using oat milk, gives it a velvety-texture and smoothness. Next time, i would definitely include the almond extract for added depth. —Stephanie Bourgeois
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- Bring the oats, 1 cup of water and the salt to boil and proceed to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Meanwhile combine the maple syrup and the almonds and cook until it just begins to simmer. Remove from heat immediately, straining the almonds from the syrup and setting both the syrup and the almonds aside.
- In a food processor or blender, blend the cooked oats with 2 cups of fresh water until very smooth. Strain through a fine sieve and you will have oat milk. It reminded me of thin glue, but I embraced it. You can do whatever you like with the strained ground oats... such as adding them to bread, hot cereal and so on. You might even like them in this sorbet.
- Bring the oat milk and the maple syrup to a simmer, whisking all the while. Remove from heat.
- Stir the almonds and the optional almond extract into the liquids, let cool and then freeze according to your ice cream maker's instructions.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe
Butter is better, Jacques Pépin, and more
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
This month's most pinned recipes.
Savor the season.