If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of my favorite things to eat when I was a kid was Sunday morning pancakes topped with bacon. Since turning vegetarian a few years ago, I have seriously missed bacon. Surprisingly enough Parmesan cheese crisps make for an excellent bacon substitute. I know it sounds bizarre, but sometimes you just have to embrace the crazy :D - how2iceacake
- 1.25 cups all purpose flour
- 0.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 0.25 teaspoons salt
- 0.25 cups milk
- 0.25 cups plain greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 0.25 cups brown sugar
- 0.25 cups maple syrup
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 0.25 teaspoons allspice
- 0.25 teaspoons ginger
- 0.25 cups additional maple syrup for glaze
- 0.33 cups grated Parmesan
- 0.25 cups walnuts
- 0.25 cups almonds
- 1.5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 0.5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 0.5 teaspoons sea salt
- To make doughnuts: Preheat oven to 325. Coat a doughnut pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and ginger.
- In a small bowl whisk together milk, yogurt, egg, butter, sugar, syrup and vanilla. Slowly add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into a large plastic bag and cut one corner of the bag with scissors. Squeeze the dough into the doughnut pan, using the bag like a pastry piping bag.
- Bake doughnuts for approximately 12 minutes or until the doughnut springs back when touched.
- Cool on a wire rack. Wait until completely cool before glazing and topping.
- To make bacon coating: Preheat oven to 350. Spread cheese in a thin disc on a baking sheet. Cook for about 10 minutes or until browned. Set aside to cool.
- Combine nuts with 1/2 T. of brown sugar and maple syrup. Spread on baking sheet and bake in 350 oven for about 8 minutes. Keep an eye out on these because they can burn really quickly.
- Add Parmesan, nuts, the rest of the brown sugar and sea salt to a small food processor. Pulse until you have a fine crumb mixture.
- To Assemble: Fill the bottom of one pie dish with maple syrup. Spread the bacon topping in a separate pie dish.
- Dip both sides and the edges of each doughnut in maple syrup.
- Dip both sides and the edges of each doughnut in the bacon topping, making sure to coat as much of the doughnut as possible.
- Place on a parchment paper lined plate and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe
Make It a Party
All tacos, all the time.
All tacos, all the time.
Let Them Shine
DIY Herb Rub
Ultra Thin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Easygoing banana bread.