Author Notes: A protein rich and flavorful salad with red quinoa and tofu. - BiancaSasha
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 red chilies, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1.5 cups red quinoa, cooked according to package
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 6 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1 inch dice
- 4 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425oF.
- In a bowl combine coconut oil, sesame oil, tamari, vinegar, honey, chilies, ginger and garlic. Adjust to taste with extra tamari if need be. Divide the sauce in half.
- Toss the tofu with half the sauce, place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly on baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa, according to direction. And then toss in a large bowl with the remaining sauce; set aside.
- Toss tofu into quinoa, along with snow peas and half the amount of green onions. Divide into bowls and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and the remaining green onions.