If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A protein rich and flavorful salad with red quinoa and tofu. - BiancaSasha
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 red chilies, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1.5 cups red quinoa, cooked according to package
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 6 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1 inch dice
- 4 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425oF.
- In a bowl combine coconut oil, sesame oil, tamari, vinegar, honey, chilies, ginger and garlic. Adjust to taste with extra tamari if need be. Divide the sauce in half.
- Toss the tofu with half the sauce, place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly on baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa, according to direction. And then toss in a large bowl with the remaining sauce; set aside.
- Toss tofu into quinoa, along with snow peas and half the amount of green onions. Divide into bowls and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and the remaining green onions.
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
We're woven this backpack.