If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Creamy, velvety smooth sweetness interrupted only by the crunch of fresh-picked, oven toasted walnuts. After lots of delicious trial and errior, kitchen playtime and in the end, divine inspiration from Thibeault's Table food blog, I do dare believe this is indeed a recipe for fudge nirvana. And pouring it into a double loaf pan rather than a square or oblong pan, you get 'deep fudge', and there's something profoundly luscious about deep fudge. - TheLastWonton
Makes 1 double loaf pan of deep fudge
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea or Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Callebaut or other good quality white chocolate
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon bourbon or brandy or 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Add the two sugars, cream, butter, salt and maple syrup to large-ish pot over medium heat. Stir while bringing to a boil. Lower the heat and continue to stir slowly while the mixture cooks.
- After about 7 minutes, test by pouring a small amount into cold water. You want it to form a soft ball. Or use candy thermometer to 235F - 238F - soft ball stage.
- When it reaches the soft ball stage remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10-15 minutes add the white chocolate and vanilla and stir until chocolate melts. You will notice the fudge start to thicken immediately. Stir another couple of minutes until the fudge starts to lose it's shine.
- Quickly add the walnuts and pour into a buttered double loaf pan or dish. Let cool at room temperature. Chill.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls