If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: So summertime insanity is in full swing here. Yes, yes, I know it's March but tell that to my already leafing apple tree and the forlorn snowboards sitting in the garage. The temperatures are in the 70's, the garden is starting to demand attention and extra-curricular activities for the kids are emerging from hibernation (soccer, soccer, soccer). Time, as they say, is short! This is a great recipe for a weeknight. Throw the marinade together before you go to work and grill when you get home. It will take you longer to preheat the grill and cook the rice - promise. —Niknud
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup maple syrup (I like grade B)
- 6 dried Tien Tsin chili peppers, crumbled (seeds and all)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup pear juice (or nectar)
- 2 tablespoons black sesame oil
- 2.5 pounds Denver Steak
- Watch how easy this is....ready? Combine all the ingredients except the steak together in a bowl. Separate out a little of the marinade to use as a sauce. Add the steak and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Now everyone's grill is different, but the key here is high and fast. This is not a pork spare rib where you want to do it low and slow. This is the boneless short rib that comes in small thin pieces. I would be hesitant to do more than 3 minutes per side but it will depend on how thick the pieces are.
- Strain the reserved marinade (if you must, I didn't) to remove the pepper seeds and garlic bits and boil for a few minutes to make a lovely dipping sauce.
- Serve over steamed rice. See, how easy was that? Perfect for a hectic weeknight!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Barbecued Meat
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe
Butter is better, Jacques Pépin, and more
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
This month's most pinned recipes.
Savor the season.